Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dexter's big day

Yesterday Dexter 3 months old and had his first modeling job! It was actually his first acting job too because he played a girl. The job was for Personal Creations catalog & he had to lay on a pink personalized quilt on a bed & smile & look cute. (The link to the quilt is on the right under "Dexter's modeling jobs".) He did a fabulous job & Cooper came along & was an angel; I couldn't have asked for better behavior from either of them.

You would think that would be a full enough day, but no. Before bath time, Dexter was laying the bed on his back & he leaned... leaned... leaned... and rolled over onto his belly. (Side note: John witnessed it & I missed it. Again. I'm with my babies 24 hours a day 7 days a week & both of them have rolled over for the first time when John was watching & I wasn't. I'm not really complaining - I love that John gets to witness these firsts.) As John & I talked about how surprised we were, Dexter pushed with his feet, stuck his butt in the air, leaned... and rolled over onto his back. Woo hoo Dexter! Of course, now mommy can't leave him alone for a second on the couch & we're discontinuing his swaddle. I can't believe he's such a big boy already!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Look at that healthy baby. Nice sturdy, plump legs - so different from the stick legs he was born with. LOVE the smile.

Karen said...

....i was thinking the same thing about those chubby legs...lots of yummy healthy breastmilk will do it every time!

Gregg Long said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say, How do I request a signed Dexter photograph for my fan wall?