Sunday, October 19, 2008

A year ago today...

A year ago today it was my due date & my last day of work. I spent the morning in court & when I told the judge it was my last day before maternity leave she lectured me for not working longer - she said it was a waste of my maternity leave to not work right up until I had the baby. I was in my office in the afternoon & at about 2:30pm my water broke. By about this time (4:15pm) John & I were arriving at the hospital (cousin Karen just cringed reading that!) and my mom was on the way to feed our dogs & meet us at the hospital. I wasn't having any real contractions yet so they had to start pitocin, which I really did not want, but they found there was meconium in the amniotic fluid so I wanted the baby out quickly.
This picture was NOT taken a year ago. It was actually taken more than a month before my due date - I got much bigger!

No comments: