Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blah, blah, stuff we did, I have a cold, whine, whine, whine

A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.
~Ogden Nash

Ugh. I have this cold that just won't quit. I'm actually feeling a little better today. I had a migraine earlier & I'm still congested now, but it's not as bad as it was.
So yesterday Cooper had a visit from Granny Smith. He was pretty crabby because he missed his morning nap, but he had fun & started to clap his hands! Unfortunately, he hasn't done it again since. John has the same cold & he was feeling pretty rotten so he came home from work early. We took turns napping & then went to bed as soon as Cooper did.
Today we had an open house so we spent all morning getting ready for that, but it was all for nothing because no one came, again. We've had some showings & stuff, but things have slowed down recently & no one seems interested in the open houses. Now we have to make the tough decision about whether we want to lower the price again. I hate this.
Tonight we went to a barbeque (although it was really windy so we moved things inside) with some of my friends from law school. It makes me miss work a lot hearing all the stories about other peoples' jobs and court experiences, but I know I made the right decision staying home. Someday I'll go back, but I'm happy being with Cooper now. He was so good tonight; not fussy or crabby or anything. He is such a little social baby - definitely takes after John in that way.
So that's what I've been doing lately. Of course, I haven't mentioned the two things that have me very frustrated lately - my latest breastfeeding problem (I love breastfeeding, but it seems my body doesn't always agree) & the fact that my parents need to get rid of dogs they've raised since birth because of some stupid, ridiculous rule the county has - but I need to get some rest so I can get rid of this crappy cold so maybe I'll write about that stuff later. For now, I'll just add a couple cute pictures of the love of my life...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision to stay home. You don't want to be in the nursing home saying I wish I had stayed home.

Auntie Col

Anonymous said...

Hey Lawyer Sarah,
Dog limit rules imposed by local goverments are unconstitutional and can be fought-there is precedence for it on the books, I believe a case in Pennsylvania among others where dog owners in excess of the limit have won against their local government. Dogs are considered property- and as such, the goverment has no right to limit property. Breeders and puppymillers exploit the property standpoint to the extreme, but there is no reason why your parents couldn't use that to their advantage.
From: Another person consistently over the animal limit